Monday, September 17, 2007

Come to DC. It's not too late!

Mottos, slogans, talking points... My head spins...

We are half way through our lobby crusade. I must say, the "political wing of IV" is much more pleasant after some sleep and a shower. I'm not just talking about me! (No offense guys)

I have an easy day today - just 4 meetings and 1 speakers role to deal with... 2 down and 3 to go. It certainly is lovely to see DC during the day and I haven't seen so many suits since... Since I last left California, really. I'd even kept the tags on mine so I could return it. Unfortunately I've just spilled coffee on it, so that is out of the question now. I'll even have to figure out the dry cleaning thing when I return, but I did work out how to use an iron. How's that for Highly Skilled?! I'm not THAT slobby and CAL! (Despite yesterdays comments about "no torn jeans when you go to Congress...")

This brings me to the mottos... The Boy Scouts are doing me proud with their "Be Prepared"... That and my female coworkers saying "you have to go shopping for a back up suit, and you crazy? You might spill coffee on the one you have"

How's that for women's intuition!

No offense to the hard workers in the "nerve center", but it is great to see all the new faces arriving. It's lovely to see what fresh, relaxed people look like! But in all seriousness, the nerve center brains are directing our new arrival limbs to the right place, at the right time, with the right message. It's one huge, well oiled machine organism thing. How's that for some crazy mixed metaphor!

All today's efforts peak this evening, at the Congressional Reception. I can't wait, mainly because I'll be able to have that quick drink I've been waiting to have! Shmoozing! I wonder if I have time to go but something cute?!

Now, I'm off to other meetings, and prepare that speech... I think there is something going on tomorrow too, but I need to get past today.

Come to DC. It's not too late!

Oh, and we have internet access now! To reveal my inner geek "WOOT"!

(Sent by Tamsen via her BlackBerry from T-Mobile)

No comments: